The default configuration for Exchange 2010 has the Address Book will update every 24 hours at 5am.

global address list not updating in exchange-13

I'm having an issue with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010. This problem started after we flattened our domain. We migrated all the users from the the sub to the top using the ADMT and then we took down sub. To be sure, does OWA (which uses live information) reflect the GAL correctly? The first thing you should do is on a test workstation, is delete the *files.

Essentially, the issue is the GAL is not updating in Outlook. I looked at the recipient filter of the GAL, it's below for reference: (Alias -ne $null -and (Object Class -eq 'user' -or Object Class -eq 'contact' –or Object Class -eq 'ms Exch System Mailbox' -or Object Class –eq 'ms Exch Dynamic Distribution List' -or Object Class -eq 'group' -or Object Class –eq 'public Folder')) The next thing I'm going to try is creating a new GAL and making it the default, if necessary. That will force Outlook to download a complete GAL. If so, it is probably that the incremental update files haven't updated correctly.

Step 3: The new version of the GAL will now be downloaded.

A status window will open to indicate that the download is in progress and will close automatically when the download is complete.

I created an alternative OAB, connected it to the Default GAL, made that OAB the defualt OAB, and tried to download it through Outlook. The first thing I would do is switch to either web only or mixed (web and public folder).

Then once set, run get-offlineaddresbook | update-offlineaddressbook Wait 20 minutes or so for it to update, then check in the Application log to see if there are any generation errors.

I ran the commands you recommended and tried it about 4 hours after that. As another way to troubleshoot the problem, I created a new profile for Outlook.

It had all of the up-to-date information until I did a manual send/receive of the address book.

You can use the Shell to update a global address list (GAL).